Our client is a rapidly growing global biotechnology company dedicated to transforming the lives of people.
Seeking a Sr. Security Operations engineer, reporting to the head of Cyber Security. This role is accountable for leading information security professionals to deliver enterprise-wide security capabilities. This includes all operational activities that serve to protect the company's assets, intellectual property, personally identifiable information and information systems in compliance with the company’s policies and standards. This role is responsible for the successful operations and expertise of all security technologies and establishing escalation procedures for those selected security technologies that are managed by a Managed Security Services Provider. This role develops and communicates requirements for security technology automation and works with the Enterprise Architecture and Infrastructure teams on overall solution set for design specification and technology selection. This role works very closely with the Information Security and Risk Team to provide data for the translation of vulnerabilities into risk. This role will also help influence and drive the overall enterprise information security strategy. The ideal candidate has a proven history in enterprise security operations managing technical staff and Managed Security Service Providers. Ideal candidate has a strong level of technical depth in the information security domain and is focused on driving metrics-driven results. Ideal candidate is output driven and able to leverage multiple forms of communication to articulate complex concepts with proficiency to both technical contributors and executive management.
- Provide leadership and management to an enterprise security operations team.
- Protect the company’s information assets by managing security operations technology such as Firewalls, Remote Access, Web Content Filtering, Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware.
- Manage third party service providers to contractual agreements including service level agreements, adherence to policies and procedures, etc.
- Remain current on security operations technology and research and recommend enhancements such as cloud and mobile security capabilities.
- Partner with IT to implement and manage protection focused solutions while enabling the business focused capabilities to succeed.
- Create a metrics and reporting framework; Candidate must possess excellent written visualization and verbal communication skills.
- A minimum 6 years of information security work experience. 5 years minimum of management experience
- Certifications such as CISSP, ISSAP, CRISC, and SANS preferred
- Vendor Management experience
- Familiarity and experience with standards frameworks, such as NIST.
- Excellent written visualization and verbal communication skills. Operational hands-on experience with Netskope, Splunk, Symantec Antivirus, O365 Compliance center are a must. Palo Alto Firewall preferred.
Education: A Bachelor’s in Computer Science (or equivalent) degree or equivalent work experience is required.
If interested, please forward your resume to email@example.com and call Tim Weldon at 617-315-8208.